Intersections: New Acoustic Dimensions and the Future of Live Performance
Composers, music makers, installation artists, and performers come together for this special event, to learn about new acoustic technology. Join us for a lively panel discussion where we will focus on exploring new ways of creating music for live performances, even treating acoustic technology as another instrument in the ensemble.
We will be in the Pearson Theatre and will have access to a Constellation System (used in SFS Soundbox and SF Opera Wilsey Center). We will take questions from the audience to explore the possibilities of what the future of live performance will be like.
– MaryClare Brzytwa, Composer/Performer and Founding Executive Director of the Technology and Applied Composition at San Francisco Conservatory of Music
– Chad Goodman, Founder & Artistic Director, Elevate Ensemble
– Richard Lonsdorf, Associate Director of Artistic Planning at San Francisco Symphony
– Melody Parker, Associate Acoustic Engineer; Meyer Sound
– Elkhanah Pulizer, Artistic Curator, SF Opera Lab
– Kurt Rohde, Composer & Violist, and Artistic Advisor to Left Coast Chamber Ensemble
Performers: Musicians from the SFCM TAC Program!
This panel is produced in collaboration with the Manhattan Producer’s Alliance (www.manhatpro.com) and the Guerrilla Composers Guild (www.guerrillamusic.org).
Light refreshments will be served.